On 12th May, we witnessed a worldwide outbreak of the WannaCry worm, and variations thereof, which affected (at the last count) 200,000 systems in 150 countries and notably, had a huge impact on hospitals throughout the UK, Government agencies, and large manufacturers. As a new week begins, it’s unclear whether the worst is behind us and regardless of whether or not you contact us or anybody about this, we’d recommend all organisations take some action in enhancing their security.
Below, we’ve provided some advice on the immediate actions you can take, shared the components of our security ecosystem and, in the third and final section of this post, outlined two ways you can test your vulnerability.
Actions You Can Take Now
- Review your disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Review your company’s patch management program.
- Identify where all critical data resides; are regular backups being made?
- Have employees been told about the latest phishing and social engineering techniques?
- Review your incident response plan; has this ever been tested?
- Are all current security procedures in place and operating effectively?
- Have you recently tested your security and acted on an assessment’s results?
What a weekend! Bishop’s Stortford Rugby club made club history on Saturday 22nd April after securing promotion to rugby’s third tier. The club secured the National League 2 South title with a 60-7 win against Exmouth.
Bishop’s Stortford Rugby club will be playing in National League 1 next season – the highest level than at any other point in their 97 year history.
Charterhouse has been a proud sponsor of the club for 13 years, sponsoring the youth and colt sections as well as project-based work such as ‘Tour Aid’ when the club hosted youth teams from India and South Africa. Charterhouse won Sponsor of the Year at last year’s National Rugby Awards due to our continuous work with the club. We're also proud to announce we've begun sponsoring the new ladies team at Bishop's Stortford Rugby club too!
From everyone at Charterhouse, congratulations Bishop’s Stortford Rugby club! We look forward to supporting you in National League 1 next season!